Wednesday 28 July 2010

Stanley Park in Bloom



I have always been a terrible one for taking an indirect route wherever I am going. I always feel compelled to take a detour along the way. On a recent trip into town, I could have walked in a straight line down Park Drive, but instead I took more of a 'v' shaped stroll through Stanley Park. This is a place you not to be miss this time of the year. The ducks are out, the lawns in trim, the flower displays are magnificent. This park is the pride of Blackpool without a doubt.

A few things you probably didn't know... The park covers an area of 256 acres with a rough circular perimeter of 2.2 miles. The park has a grade II listed status and is a garden of historic interest. The two cast ornamental lions adjacent to the Cafe are believed to have initially belonged to Pope Leo X, and, therefore were created around the year 1500.

No comments:

Post a Comment