Monday 19 July 2010

Hoopla Stall

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7764159/Blackpool-hoopla-tourist-game-impossible-to-win-court-told.html

This is something I have been meaning to blog about for a while now. A few weeks back, I decided to take a detour along Blackpool's front. I mistakenly walked past one of the Hoopla stalls when a husky voice shouted 'Allright mate, where you from?' confronting me head on. I replied 'Sorry, no thank you, I am local', he muttered back in sheer ignorance repeating exactly what I had just said 'Uhhhh, sorry i'm local'. The cheek and rudeness of it.

Everyday, tourists old and new are harassed by these operators who mislead and pressure them offering varying incentives and free games to get them to part with their cash. Once taken in, they make it difficult for the player to leave. Those who say no, often fall victim of verbal abuse.

The stalls are total and utter tac and in my view do nothing but tarnish Blackpool's new image. It was not so long ago one stall made headlines in the local paper, some of you may remember this.

Two words... get rid!

1 comment:

  1. There was an expose on TV recently showing that it was not possible to win as the rings would only go over the posts if thrown from the opposite side!!!

    ReplyDelete