Wednesday 9 June 2010

I made a detour to the promenade this afternoon, I could not resist the lure of the ocean breeze as I caught wisps of it inland. The new promenade looks fantastic with it's sleek curves, dual elevated walkways, it's a seascape engineering marvel. There is seating which form part of the seawalls, therefore no woodrot and no need for painting benches, the railings are made from a shiny and sleek aluminium, which will not rust like cast iron railings would. Overall it looks uplifted and spacious and blends well with the ongoing regeneration in Blackpool.

I look forward to it's completion and being able to stroll the full length, making a few stops along the way... for the odd my whippy and a bag of chips laced in salt and vinegar. Mmm, I am making myself hungry already.

No comments:

Post a Comment